Anatomic Pathology Lab Tech Supervisor Job ID: 6795 Address:
Start Time: 8:00 am
End Time: 4:30 pm
FTE Status: (FA) 1.0 - 40 Hours
Description We are seeking a skilled anatomic pathologist to supervise our busy AP department at Banner Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert. This position will be providing oversight and direction for all anatomic pathology related testing. This hospital has a high volume of specialty oncology cases that are highy complex. Previous AP experience for an oncology center is highly desired for this role. Bone Marrow experience is also highly desired for this role.
We are the nation's largest integrated laboratory, performing over 60 million tests per year. We offer comprehensive benefits, generous paid time off, 401K match, and more!
POSITION SUMMARY Provides general supervision under the direction of management to assigned personnel. Responsible for organizing, directing, and controlling aspects of assigned technical departments as required in order to provide high quality and cost effective services.
- Under the direction of the management, provides operational supervision of assigned technical departments as required, including monitoring and improving workflow within the area, monitoring the ordering of supplies, and day to day problem resolution and troubleshooting. Participates in decision making concerning policies, procedures and instrumentation. Assists technical staff in writing and implementation of new policies and procedures for assigned departments.
- Focuses on quality by working with management in implementation and oversight of quality policies, procedures, monitoring of results and corrective action. Participates in quality improvement projects and outcome measurement studies. Ensures that appropriate policies are followed regarding specimen integrity. Ensures that regulatory and compliance standards are met for system activities. Participates in data collection and providing documentation during inspections. Implements system-wide standardized practices when possible.
- Provides or assists in monitoring of financial activities within assigned departments as required. If applicable, controls and adjusts expenditures throughout the year to meet budget. Manages waste reduction and expense reduction efforts. Provides input on expense reduction ideas for assigned departments and potential system savings. Provides accurate input to management assigned departments.
- Responsible for direct personnel supervision including selecting, hiring, training, developing, evaluating, scheduling and administering corrective action in order to maintain a quality staff. Provides oversight of new employee orientation and training. Completes competency and annual assessments for employees in appropriate time frames. Enhances staff development through delegation, educational opportunities, and employee recognition. Ensures staff completion of all required programs and mandatory training.
- Serves as a resource and communication liaison to interact with pathologists, physicians, nurses, clients and other healthcare professionals in responding to result or quality inquiries and other issues related to both on-site and system testing. Provides access to other system resources when appropriate. Interacts with co-workers with an emphasis on teamwork and a focus on customer service. Demonstrates appropriate verbal and written skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS BS degree with 3 years Anatomic Pathology experience, AA degree with 5 years Anatomic Pathology experience, or ten years recent experience in Anatomic Pathology is required. Must be able to perform all functions required of staff reporting to this position. Must have a good working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements. A high degree of problem solving and decision making skills is required. Excellent leadership, human relations and communication skills are required. For oversight of histology staff at any site with an Histology department, an HT or HTL certification is required.