Histology Technician Arizona Dermatopathology-Scottsdale, AZ 85258
General Summary of Duties: Accurately and efficiently prepares tissue samples through grossing, embedding and microtomy. Performs both special and immunostaining procedures. Serves as a resource person to peer histotechnicians and laboratory assistants.
Must be able to multi-task effectively and prioritize. Must possess knowledge of histotechnology. Applies meticulous attention to detail and critical thinking skills. · Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
· Dependability, flexibility and adaptability are required.
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively with peers, management, and physician staff.
· High School Diploma
· Three years histology experience preferred.
· ASCP certification preferred.
· Grossing experience preferred. Associate’s Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing.
Job Type: Full-time
HOURS: 10:00pm - 6:30am M-F
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance,401K, Paid Time off
If interested, please email resume to email@example.com
Julie Merida, HT(ASCP)QIHC Histology Supervisor