Employer: Western Pathology Associates Ltd and Pinnacle Pathology PC (“WPA”)
Title: Histotechnician II
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
Schedule: 40 Hours per Week; 2nd Shift 2a – 10:30a; Flexible to cover other hours
Classification: Hourly; Non-Exempt
The Histotechnician II performs routine and nonroutine activities involved in the preparation of the slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s) under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager to provide the best patient care in compliance with WPA SOP’s, CLIA and CAP. Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following: •
• Performs general histology functions efficiently and independently.
• Ensure proper labeling of all tissue samples.
• Embed processed tissue in paraffin
• Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
• Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
• Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
• Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
• Perform special stain procedures.
• Prepare solutions and reagents for IHC stain procedures.
• Perform IHC stain procedures.
• Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
• Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures. Document remedial actions such as repairs and repeated test.
• Adhere to laboratory’s quality control policies, and document all quality control activities.
• Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
• Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
About the Company:
WPA is committed to delivering the highest quality sub-specialized pathology services available to the medical community while emphasizing superior patient care, innovation, value-based cost, and fast turn-around time.
WPA is a private group pathology practice founded in 1990. The practice consists of five board certified anatomic and clinical pathologists serving Honor Health Network, radiology practices and private physicians’ offices in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. We provide the highest quality pathology services to approximately 25,000 patients a year. We provide expertise in wide range of pathology subspecialties (e.g., breast pathology, genitourinary pathology, hematopathology and cytopathology) resulting in rapid diagnosis and treatment. We also have subspecialty board certified pathologists in hematopathology and cytopathology
WPA has a modern, state of the art laboratory, located adjacent to Honor Health - John C. Lincoln, North Mountain Campus. We have embraced an approach to quality management whose purpose is to adhere to the accepted and mandated standards of pathology practice. Our approach to quality management measure outcomes against expectations and assesses effectiveness and responsiveness against service and accountability. The quality assurance program for our pathology practice focuses on guidelines suggested by CAP and CLIA. All of these aim to insure the quality of our service to our clients and their patients and to provide continuous improvement initiatives toward the commitment.
WPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Western Pathology Associates Ltd and Pinnacle Pathology PC are Equal Opportunity Employers. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.